Monday, January 3, 2005

This was on des’s blog as a new years questionnaire



1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?

i quit my stable, credible job, in order to move to a city simply for the reason that I always wanted to live in that city. it felt good.



2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more

for next year?

Yes and yes. And mmm… yes. I don’t have high goals for myself!!



3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

yea, dar and becky had baby lou. 10lb baby, baby! What’s scary is that dar and I used to play transformers back in the early 80’s… now he’s mr. Daddy!



4. Did anyone close to you die?

my closest aunt anita! I think it was this year… feels like yesterday. Even when we had huge family gatherings at her place, she always catered the menu to me. I think she did so cause nobody enjoyed her food more than I did. She also loved my hugs. She swore she was going to make me teach all of her sons how to hug.



5. What countries did you visit?

san diego, los angeles, orange county, san jose, san francisco (these are countries?!) if not, I drove to puerto nuevo in mexico on christmas eve!



6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?

a job in SF, a room in SF, a life in SF basically.



7. What date(s) from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

September 24th the day I quit from CFW. It was tough, I miss people from that job and I miss getting a regular paycheck. But I haven’t regretted my decision.



8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I can’t really say I have one… but I’m working on a ton of them. It’ll be like an avalanche of achievements!



9. What was your biggest failure?

same as every year… any relationship that I attempt (love intrest relationship that is)



10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?

almost every Saturday i felt a bit hungover does that count? Does heartache count? I did have a lot of colds, almost once every two months





11. What was the best thing you bought?

250GB external harddrive. Oh baby let me tell you how many songs I’ve gotten due to that puppy! That and my ipod. I use that everyday!!



12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

desiree… she set multiple goals and achieved them at lightning speed, she’s my inspiration



13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

mostly my own… yet this is based upon my own reflection, and we know that the memory is never a valid source of the past, it eaisly becomes contorted.



14. Where did most of your money go?

into a savings account, and it’s still there. although it’s slowly dwindling! *panic* I did pay off my car and I did damage my creditcard debt!



15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Moving up to SF, which I haven’t exactly done yet, but I did get really really excited about it! and yes, someday I will blog from SF!!!



16. What song will always remind you of 2004?

anything from john mayer. I saw him in concert for the first time in 2004. and it was gravy!



17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

much poorer, alone, unstable, yet happy. Go figure!



18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

I needed to think more. spend more time on my turntables, reading books and blogs, a new layout for this webpage would have been nice to have in 2004



19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

right about now I wish I spent more time in la, and spent less money, so I could have more savings now, and I could have more memories of la and less of orange county



20. How will you be spending Christmas?

as an unemployed 25 year old who is getting everything they want for christmas, yay mom!



22. Did you fall in love in 2004?

yes and no. I fell in love with san francisco this year, but I’ve had a burning desire for her for many years. This year I think it blossomed into love.



23. How many one-night stands?

i wish I could put a number here larger than 0. does this certify me as a loser?!



24. What was your favorite TV program?

when the tv is off and the radio is on.



25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

maybe, but more that jealous hate… envy some may say.



26. What was the best book you read?

HAHAH I’ve been reading a hemingway book for about 9 months now, it’s around 210 pages… “a moveable feast”. Reading is tough for us engineers. I’m on page 128 =(



27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

breakbeat. I took a ton of songs from my friend and most of it was breaks. I love it!



28. What did you want and get?

an adventure



29. What did you want and not get?

an easy time achieveing my adventure, there’s tons of girl stories here too… but that’s not just a 2004 thing, that’s more of a lifetime story.



30. What was your favorite film of this year?

since I’ve thought of this for about 5 mins with no answer, I guess I have none =( I did watch buffalo ’66 and enjoyed that but it’s a 1999 release I think.



31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I rounded 25 years. Had a party at my mom and dad’s place where they cooked for all my friends. We then went out to downtown san diego and spent way too much money on overpriced drinks and cover charges. My friends love me.



32. What is one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

finding a hair stylest I like.



33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?

dickies



34. What kept you sane?

nothing… look at me!&^#^%$



35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

that cute girl on tv *hubba hubba!*



36. What political issue stirred you the most?

that whole electing a president thing



37. Who did you miss?

many people. I’d be sad if I didn’t have people to miss.



38. Who was the best new person you met?

There’s not a good answer for this one. Best isn’t a word I like to abuse like the r est of us english speakers.



39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:

when I told people that I was quitting my job to move to a city, simply because I had promised myself that I would one day live in that city, I saw in their eyes how it feels to live a conservative life and not risk following a dream. The look that I got from so many people was indescribable, however I knew from those stares that I was doing something that others only dreamed they had done, yet cannot now.

I learned that we have too much fear of the unknown. It’s ok to fail and it’s ok to not have everything planned and set and safe. How does the cliché go? Live a little! I learned that this year.



40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:



“danke schon, darling danke schon.

Thank you for, all the joys and pain.” -Wayne newton





0 comments:

Post a Comment