Saturday, March 4, 2006

couples

you, and you, and me?

i’m sick of couples. there needs to be a bit more compassion toward the single persons in this day and age. couples do as they please, bicker and whine at will, and seem to be taking my current world by storm.

it all started way back in the early days of high school. girls started becoming more interesting than video games, music, cars, and sports. well, for my friends that is. i obsessed about girls just as much as the rest of my peers, however i obsessed equally about car stereos, horsepower, videos, computers, and other interests. most of my friends pseudo shared these interests, with me. the other 85% of their time not spent with friends talking about kenwood’s newest model of amplifier, they were focused on girls. or worse yet, they were spending time with their girlfriend.

every guy does the same old act, we do it -we know it, yet we do it anyhow. guys bitch and moan to their friends, complaining about some prior engagement with their girlfriend that prohibits them from partaking in any of the upcoming weekend’s planned activities. they swear that she’s insane and that he’s this close to just letting her go due to her outrageous demands. of course, you and i know this is not the case. he’s dying to snuggle with her and a dvd just as bad as she is, even if it is maid in manhattan that they’re watching.

my tone may sound a bit bitter towards couples in general. and granted i’m not jumping for joy that my friends have significant others, but i am not bitter/jaded/jealous/etc…

all i ask is one simple requisition. leave me alone!

is it too much to ask to just let me be? singles let’s unite, doubles go find a room. far too many of my friends only make appearances in pairs. it’s as if the coupleness blinds them from the fact that being a 3rd wheel is not the ideal friday night for your neighborhood single (read: me). they selfishly want to spend time with their friends while bringing along their better (or worse) half. that’s having cake then eating it too, which i’m told is not allowed.

i find that couples repel me from daily activities i would normally enjoy. the list starts at talking, watching tv, eating, cooking, and ends at being in the same room with other human beings. i just don’t like spending time with couples, simple.

thing is, this year started off with a game of pictionary, two couples, and me. yes that was my new years eve activity, hello 2006. of course with 5 people, one team had unfair advantage to win, and when we did (guys v girls) of course they complained that the teams weren’t fair. way to go compassionate couples, i’ll just dig a hole right here and jump on in.

even on the rare occasion that i get a coupled friend alone for some good ol hanging out, the bulk of their conversation encompasses that other person. it’s as if they know i’m not 3rd wheel, and sense that i miss being in 3rd position.

i suppose there’s only one remedy to the issue at hand here, excommunicate all that are coupled. thing is, i have a tiny reserve against deleting 95% of my address book. i suppose worse things have happened to people less deserving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment