so i downloaded the program and imported my 26,000 songs. this wasn't a great idea, as it took 2 days for pacemaker to analyze each second of each song, in order to count bpm and song pattern. i don't have 26,000 songs worth putting into a mix, so in retrospect that's one thing i'd do differently. however, after two days of waiting for song analysis to complete, i stitched together 11 songs creating my first programmed mix.
i can't say that this is the best mix ever, in fact some of the transitions need a bit more tweaking, but the track selection is good (in my opinion).
1. Animal (Peter Bjorn and John Remix) - Miike Snow
2. Delorean - Big Weekend
3. I'm Not Alone (Deadmau5 Remix) - Calvin Harris
4. Tivoli (Original Mix) - Steve Angello
5. Jump In The Pool (Thin White Duke Remix) - Friendly Fires
6. Hometown Glory (Axwell Remode Mix) - Adele
7. Last Dance In Tokyo (Gloves ReWrite) - Golden Bug
8. Make You Mine (Fred Falke Remix) - Miami Horror
9. Death And All His Friends (MMMatthias Remix) - Coldplay
10. Until We Bleed (Adieus Remix) - Kleerup Feat. Lykke Li
11. Shooting Stars (Cassian Remix) - Bag Raiders
download my first mix attempt with this free software here. (right click - save as)
and here's a screencap of the mix and software, it's pretty simple to use:
i forgot to put a link! pacemaker.net